Thursday, August 31, 2006

revolution around..

Had a very small get together with my gym peeps this evening. Started talking how we all got together 4 years ago to start training together. Aaron got bigger and stronger. Moe got more defined. Jo got more defined as well. I, lost 10kg muscle mass. Fuck. Guess i should have stayed by myself to work out. But then i won't know all these nice people that make my gym workout much more enjoyable.

My gym sessions have been pretty fun because of aaron. He and i are always goofing around in the gym. Laughing and disturbing each other at the most vital moments during a workout. Example, i would be benching my normal 150kg and he would suddenly talk about sex. And i would jus loose it by laughing or worse, turn giggly and had to force up the bar and stop my workout. I would then return the favor by telling the most dirty jokes in my arsenal at his workout turn and watch his face turn red before helping him to lift the bar on to the bench press catch.

Aaron and i have a brief but rich history. He and i were great rivals during the first strong man competition. Both of us, although having a very great difference in age, have almost equal strength. But our strengths are in different areas of our bodies. For him, he has a very strong grip and leg power. I have a stronger upper body and greater weight advantage. During the first strongman competition we both used our advantages to gun for top prize. But i won because of my body weight and better technique. I was 18. The youngest ever to lift the trophy.
After that, by some means which i totally forgot, we became friends. And have been there for each other in the gym ever since.

Gosh times change fast. I'm out of the service. Made new exciting friends. And now i'm going to UK for studies. It all seems a little too much for me as times. I jus wanna find that panic button and play everything out in slowmo. Find that little ounce of time for myself and relish in it. I think this year has been a rough one for me, everything unexpected has been hitting me hard, distorting me while i try to focus on the blur areas to see clear again, and before i do, another comes to knock me over again. Maybe i jus need to close my eyes and go through this, so no one would notice me slip into the shadows and snigger as i enjoy the quiet.

ohhh, i jus realised i'm in a trimester. Which means i can be back in sing for 1 mth every 2 mths. Plane tickets are around 250 pounds, roughly 750 for a 2 way trip. Not bad for easily home sick me.

My party has got to get started,
I need to be that freak that god made me,
so many thangz i want to try,
got to do them before i die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home